May 13, 2008

Mothers Day and "Namaste"

How beautiful and divine is the call of motherhood. A role I treasure above any material item, more precious than gold. All the money in the world could never purchase the emotions, joy, strengths and love I feel and gain from being a mother.
Though it is not all bliss there are days Patience grows thin and my nerves feel shot, but those moments are so minimal compared to the whole. I can only have gratitude to my maker, who gives me the very breath I take and the experience of joy, pain, love, peace. How incredible these feelings are. This year I have been building upon huge life lessons. I have learned compassion, forgiveness, charity, humility, atonement, unconditional love and who I can be. Being a beautiful person comes so much from within, how we choose to deal with situations and how we choose to treat others marks us.

I am a believer of teaching through example. I have motto driven the Golden Rule constantly with my children, because it is something I really believe in.
Most situations we are not given control over how other people choose to act or treat us, only thing I can do is to master the person I am.

Since my divorce I took a vow to be at peace with my former spouse, remembering he is my son's father and hero. I took the same approach with Stephen's former spouse too, Emily. I think of the future and realized we all had a lot of events and involvement ahead of us and how much better for every the sake of every one if we do our part to make it a positive matter. Over the last four years I have really grown to love and respect each role of each parent, whether it be step or not. I have learned a lot from Emily, her compassionate heart and teaching me to go with the flow. Allowing me to participate in girls lives in such a active way, with no hesitation. Emily and I go to lunch with the kids, sporting events together, games,and other activities. Some people think we are "weird" and strange. I call it peace, love and maturity. How much more will my children learn from us getting along and treating one another as friends than to snub, display jealousy or be petty about issues? I love my children so much, I don't want them to have to suffer emotional pain caused by divorce. I have the power to make their experince smoother by treating their other parents with acceptance, respect and charity. My belief is that this creates more emotional stability. Emily and I have a inside joke, that between the two of us we make the perfect Mom! I think that is pretty insightful, we both have gifts and qualities unique to give.

My newest passion has been Yoga it is so rejuvenating, it truly brings together, mind, body and spirit. At the end of each session we leave by saying the word "Namaste."

I honor the place in you
in which the entire Universe dwells,

I honor the place in you
which is of Love, of Truth, of Light and of Peace,

When you are in that place in you,
and I am in that place in me,
we are One.

Namaste! A simple Hindu word, yet so powerful. Let me be one with my husband, children and other loved ones. Good food for thought on Mothers day.

God bless all the beautiful mothers of the world. A tribute to my sister in law Kari, who is a new mother as of May 8. I really love this picture, it captures the emotion of a mother's love felt as she welcomes her precious new little one, Kadence Elizabeth Preston. What a flood of emotion.

1 comment:

Michael J said...

Namaste! What a great concept