June 16, 2008

Ode to Father's Day

It was a nice Father's Day weekend. Friday, we did a camp out. It was a blast! Stephen and I took the kids to a park and did golf and cartwheels. It was so hilarious to watch the kids trying to do cartwheels.


We played laser tag, had a steak brunch with Grandpa Gus at The Texas Roadhouse and to top it off, a family BBQ at Jason's.

With all the fun we had and the cute cards the kids made for Stephen, I made certain to tell my husband how much I appreciate him and my Dad too.

I have always teased and called Stephen my Superman. He may think it's all chuckles, but there is truth behind the name of my Superman.


After my divorce it was most important to find a man that would not only be amazingly good to me, but also to Chandler. When I met Stephen I observed carefully the interaction he displayed with Alexis and Olivia. I grew to admire his extreme patience, huge heart and caring personality. I married Stephen and always have known from the day we met it was meant to be. I can never express in words how full my heart is everyday for the great man I married. He has so loving and such a role model for our children. He is such an incredibly hard worker and the kids often wish there was more of Dad to go around, but I know some day they will admire his ethics, while encompassing right conduct and will acquire a good life. I like the story behind the song Cats In The Cradle. (Click on the title above to view music video)


What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so, He called it ... Dad

No comments: